Indonesian Driving License
Updated NOVEMBER 2019
Steps to obtain a tourist driving license / Indonesian driving license in Bali for 5-years validity for a car or scooter or motorcycle:
- Go to the Police Station at this address: Jalan Gunung Sanghyang No.110 (Kerobokan) Denpasar, Bali 80225.
- The police station is open from Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 12 PM. Closed on public holidays.
- The documents required are:
- Passport with your valid visa to stay in Indonesia.
- Valid driving license (if you have one from any country).
- WITHOUT our assistance, you need additional documents such as KITAS (Indonesian permanent residency), a medical certificate and also to do some tests.
- WITH our assistance, you only need a valid Passport (mandatory) and KITAS (optional). The KITAS will affect the price only. See the price details below.
- Show a nice and friendly attitude to the Police. Within 1 hour, you will get your local driving license and won’t need to worry anymore about getting fined during your stay in Bali.
If you need Bali4ride’s assistance, here are the additional steps:
- Contact us at least 1-2 days before, by filling up the details here.
- Details about the process are :
- After filling up the request here, we will send you a confirmation by email.
- We will pick you at your place or meet you at the Police station and assist you through the process (approximately 1 hour).
- Drop back at your hotel, if your service is including hotel transfer service.
TOTAL FEE = DRIVING LICENSE FEE + ASSITANCE FEE
Driving License Fees (per person)
- Motorbike/scooter license (SIM C) – 5 years validity
- KITAS Holder : 2,000,000 IDR
- Non KITAS Holder (tourist) : 2,500,000 IDR
- Car license (SIM A) – 5 years validity
- KITAS Holder : 2,200,000 IDR
- Non KITAS Holder (tourist) : 2,700,000 IDR
Assistance Fees (per person)
- No pick up and drop off (meet at the Police station) : 500,000 IDR.
- Pick up and drop off by car (Kuta area and nearby): 750,000 IDR
DISCOUNT ALERT!! 100,000 IDR off for assistance fee will be deducted if you rent the scooter or car from us for at least 3 days in a row.
Check our fleet below:
- Bali scooter rental
- Bali car rental
As a rental company, we will allow you to rent from us with any driving license issued from any country.
There is no problem with renting a car or scooter from us. However, it will be a problem with the Police as they regularly proceed with random road checks.
As per the Indonesian law, you must have an International Driving License or an Indonesian Driving License in order to be allowed to drive on the roads in Indonesia. As long as you know the risk (to get a ticket on your unlucky day) and take full responsibility, we will let you rent from us.
Please note that a driving license issued by any country is NOT considered as an International Driving License unless stated « International Driving Permit ». So it’s up to you to verify whether your driving license is International or not.
Please check the other FAQ on ‘How to get a tourist driving license in Bali’, to guide you with how to obtain a local/tourist driver’s license.
Yes, we can assist you!
Bali Scooter Rental
- The scooter
- 2 helmets
- 1 raincoat
The scooter rental does not include fuel.
Fuel policy: It will be fuel in when we deliver the vehicle but not always a full tank. The vehicle must be returned with the fuel in the same condition when we delivered it. Otherwise, a charge will be applied in accordance with the fuel condition.
Yes, we can!
Delivery and collecting the vehicle for free within this area: Ngurah Rai International Airport, Hotel nearby Airport (Kuta or Legian). Charged will be applied for the non-coverage area subject to the location.
We do not take any deposit.
Full payment of the rental is required upon the scooter delivery.
Yes, we do! Our scooters have a special rack to accommodate a surfboard on the side of the scooter. This has an extra cost and needs to be specified in the request.
Approximately 8.000 IDR / Litre.
Yes, we do. The scooter rental insurance can be added, for an additional cost.
Terms and condition:
- Scooter insurance is only to cover any damage to Bali4ride scooter.
- Scooter insurance does not cover the passengers or another third party in the case of an accident.
- Scooter insurance will cover any damage up to 1,000,000 IDR. Loss or damage that cost more than 1,000,000 IDR will not be covered. Renter must pay the damaged or the loss if it cost more than 1,000,000 IDR. (For example: total damage cost 1,500,000 IDR. Insurance will cover only 1,000,000 IDR and renter must pay the excess for 500,000 IDR).
- Losing scooters during the rental period will not be covered by the insurance and renter is obliged to pay for the replacement cost based on the market price in Indonesia.
- If the incident during business hours (8 AM – 9 PM), please call the contact number that we gave you at the beginning of the rental and we will do our best to help you and provide a vehicle replacement or fix.
- If the incident outside the business hours, please park the vehicle onto a safe place and lock it and bring the key with you and contact us afterward. We will handle the issue once we opened.
- As an alternative, you can try to find the nearest mechanic and please ask the mechanic to call us. Don’t forget to keep the receipt for the reimbursement if the issue caused by the faulty of the car and not by the renter.
You can go to the nearest mechanic to fix it and claim back the payment from us but always ask for a receipt from the mechanic. Or you can call our staff which will also be happy to help.
ATV QUAD BIKE
Unfortunately no. Our service for ATV adventures is strictly reserved for off-road adventures, supervised by our instructors and not for daily use on the road. For daily use, we offer car and scooter rental instead.
As per the Indonesian law, ATVs are not allowed for normal use as daily transportation on the road. ATVs are only used for tourist attraction purposes, on a route that is already predetermined by our company.
We understand that this might not the same in other countries but we do NOT rent out our ATVs for any reason.