Updated MAY 2021 (GOOD NEWS!! NO KITAS OR TOURIST IS NOW ABLE TO OBTAIN THE INDONESIAN DRIVING LICENSE)
Steps to obtain an Indonesian driving license in Bali for 5-years validity for a car or scooter or motorcycle:
- Go to the Police Station at this address: Jalan Gunung Sanghyang No.110 (Kerobokan) Denpasar, Bali 80225.
- The police station is open from Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 1 PM. Closed on public holidays.
- The documents required are:
- Passport with your valid visa to stay in Indonesia.
- Valid driving license (if you have one from any country).
- WITHOUT our assistance, you need additional documents such as KITAS (Indonesian permanent residency), a medical certificate, and also to do some tests.
- WITH our assistance, you only need a valid Passport and or KITAS (Not Mandatory). No test required.
- Show a nice and friendly attitude to the Police. Within 1 hour, you will get your local driving license and won’t need to worry anymore about getting fined during your stay in Bali.
If you need Bali4ride’s assistance, here are the additional steps:
- Contact us at least 1-2 days before, by filling up the details here.
- Details about the process are :
- After filling up the request here, we will send you confirmation by email.
- We will pick you at your place or meet you at the Police station and assist you through the process (approximately 1 hour).
- Drop back at your hotel, if your service is including a hotel transfer service.
TOTAL FEE : DRIVING LICENSE FEE + ASSISTANCE FEE
Driving License Fees (per person)
- Motorbike/scooter license (SIM C) – 5 years validity : 2,500,000 IDR
- Car license (SIM A) – 5 years validity : 2,500,000 IDR
- SIM C + SIM A – (2 driving license) – 5 years validity : 5,000,000 IDR