Updated on AUGUST 2017
The Indonesian Police DO NOT issue 30 days driving license anymore. The Police only issue a 1-year driving license that cost up to 1,000,000 IDR.
Steps to obtain tourist driving license in Bali for 1-year validity for scooter or car:
- Go to the Police Station in this address: Jalan Gunung Sanghyang No.110 (Kerobokan) Denpasar, Bali 80225.
- The police station will be open on Monday – Friday at 8AM – 2PM. (Friday will be closed at 12PM).
- Fee to obtain driving license is up to IDR 1,000.000
- Documents required are:
- Passport with your valid visa to stay in Indonesia.
- Photocopy of passport.
- Valid driving license (if you have one from any country). If you do not have one, the process slightly longer but you still can obtain without your own driving license.
- Once you in Police station go to the ‘Foreign Office Applicant’.
- Bring nice attitude and friendly with the Police. In 1 hour you will get your local driving license and do not need to worry to get fine during your stay in Bali.
If you need Bali4ride’s assistance, here is the additional steps:
- Contact us at least 2 days before.
- The cost of this assistance is 500,000 IDR including
- Pick up with a car from Airport or Hotel in Kuta area. If the hotel is not in Kuta area then the additional charge is applied.
- Bring you to the Police station and assist you through the process.
- Drop back to your hotel.
Bali4ride IS NOT Driving License agency, what we do is to help our customer to go to police station and help them to communicate with the Police officer.